Video Statistics on Instagram
In yesterday’s post on Social Media Statistics for 2022, we discussed how important video usage is in social media and on Facebook in particular.
- 62% of people report increased interest in a product after viewing a related Facebook video, and
- Facebook Watch attracts upward of 1.2 billion users per month.
Like Facebook, Instagram delivers a smorgasbord of opportunities for video marketing, which gives busy social media marketers a great deal of choice about where they show up with content. But it can also be overwhelming for those less experienced with the medium. The following statistics shed light on where brands should be spending their time when it comes to Instagram video.
Instagram Video Statistics
- 91% of users watch videos on Instagram weekly.
- 43% of social media users watch Instagram Stories more than other types of video content on the network.
- 39% of people report increased interest in a brand or product after viewing it in an Instagram story.
- 73% of businesses report acquiring new customers from an Instagram Story.
- Instagram videos that are around 26 seconds long receive the most comments.
- Half of users say they have visited a brand’s website to purchase a product or service after seeing it featured in Stories.
What this means for your Instagram social media marketing strategy
With Stories, Live streams, Reels and in-feed videos, Instagram offers a variety of options for social media marketers to consider. With so many available video options, the key is not to pigeonhole your brand into using only one. Provide value via videos across the platform to find your ideal audience regardless of the tab they frequent the most. We all have our preferences! That said, if you’re dealing with resource limitations or struggling to get buy-in from your team, prioritizing Stories is likely to give you the biggest bang for your buck.
If you;re looking to energize your Instagram presence, we can help. Contact us today for a free consultation.