Our terms are in accordance with the recognized and standard practices of the graphic design profession, and provide the basis for an efficacious working relationship.
- Straydog subscribes to and abides by the code of ethics and professional standards of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada. Straydog reserves the right to refuse any project or part thereof connected with activities or practices which the Designer may deem to be detrimental to the general public, to the environment, or to the reputation of the Designer or the Society.
Use of Work
- The work carried out and materials created during the course of this project shall not be used for any purpose other than that which is set out in the agreement as to Use and Rights without prior approval of Straydog.
- In no circumstances may work in rough form be used or published by the Client as finished work or be used as a basis for completion by others, without the prior written consent of Straydog.
Copyright & Ownership
- Straydog is the first owner of all work or materials created during the course of each project. Copyright and other intellectual property rights, and all drawings, mockups, models, artwork, specifications, computer disks, electronic files, software documents and all other tangible materials, including preliminary concepts, accepted or rejected elements, works in progress, and finished materials which have been created or furnished by Straydog during the course of this project shall remain the exclusive property of Straydog unless otherwise specifically assigned in writing.
- As set out in the agreement as to Use and Rights and upon payment in full of all fees and disbursements, the Client is entitled to these specific usage rights for the purpose of reproduction of approved final designs, after which all materials shall be returned, unaltered, to Straydog within 30 days of use.
- Unless otherwise stated, Straydog retains the moral rights to all work created in the course of each project.
- All intellectual property rights and materials shall remain the property of Straydog, whether assigned or not, until all Straydog’s invoices are paid in full.
- If the Client wishes to make additional use of the materials or ideas obtained therefrom, the Client agrees to seek permission from Straydog and to make such further payments as are agreed to by both parties at that time.
- Rejected designs shall remain the exclusive property of Straydog.
- Straydog retains all rights for use of the work or materials created in the course of this project in any new media or mediums which may emerge in the future.
- Where copyright or other intellectual property rights are acquired by the Client, Straydog shall, when requested, assist in the application for design and copyright registration. The costs of such assistance and action shall be borne solely by the Client.
- Straydog retains ownership of all working files. The purchase of working files by The Client may be negotiated prior to project commencement. If not negotiated upfront, the cost of working files is the priced at the Standard Industry practice of 300% of the total value of the project.
- Prepress and Proofing prior to final production is highly recommended, this service is not included.
- The Client assumes all risks and costs that may attributed to any error in workmanship, content, grammar, spelling, post approval and/or acceptance of the final product and files.
Conditions of Engagement
- Fee quotations and proposals are subject to amendment or withdrawal by Straydog at any time prior to the signing of an agreement between the Client and Straydog.
- A signed agreement or other written confirmation of contract is required prior to the start of the project.
- Late payment for invoices issued may result in work stoppages until such time as payment has been received in full.
- The Client shall pay all invoices as per the conditions noted on each invoice. Late payment will be subject to late fees and may result in work stoppages. Final delivery of all files is conditional upon receipt of payment of all outstanding fees.
- No work shall be performed on spec. Specifically, all work performed is considered billable and due. There are no refunds on work performed as part of any client/agency project.
- Any revisions, additions, or alterations to the project modifying the terms of the agreement as the Services to be performed and not included in any fee specified, may be billed as additional services and subject to additional fees. Such additional services shall include, but shall not be limited to, changes in the extent of work, changes in the complexity of any elements of the project or the addition of any element not expressly indicated and/or defined in the scope of services and/or any changes made after approval has been given for a specific stage of design, documentation, or preparation of artwork, as well as additional design concepts, mock-ups, further and ongoing revisions to any of the previously or subsequent work as requested or required by the Client, either in writing or verbally.
- All communication (phone, email, fax, in person) with Straydog regarding past and current projects is billable time according to our hourly rates. This includes outgoing communication required to complete/fulfill past and current project objectives.
- Billable correspondence is a standard rate in 15 minute increments for phone calls or emails that take more than 5 minutes to handle.