Take Action now! More Government funding is available: IRAP
The National Research Council of Canada’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) is a Canadian government funding program designed to accelerate the research and development projects of Canadian innovators. Businesses who are developing and implementing process improvements are the primary targets to receive research funding contributions through NRC IRAP, however, large-scale technology adoption projects that lead to new capabilities are also considered.
Development of innovative products, processes, and services. Projects must focus on solving an internal technical challenge by adopting/developing technology & processing enhancements.
IRAP funds are intended to be used for a specific project or service, not just any expenses related to ongoing operations, and can include:
- Acquiring or adopting technology, ie: ERP’s, CRM’,s new manufacturing equipment,
- Marketing and commercialization support
- Research and business development
- Offsetting project costs
- Prototyping and product development
- Wages and training
This subprogram provides grants of up to $50K in order to help other firms to fund their research and development (R&D) projects or commercializing on technology projects.
IRAP ARP grants focus on solving an internal technical challenge with a focus on adopting technology and processing enhancements. These projects are often focused on early-stage research or development activities, and the exploration of new technology-based market opportunities. Activities include assessment and development of technologies to improve internal processes, feasibility studies and assessments for new services/product ventures, and prototype engineering activities.
- Funding Contribution: Maximum $50k research and development grant (supporting up to 80% of direct labour and 50% sub-contractor costs).
- Eligibility: 1-500 people on payroll and incorporated for at least 2 years.
- Timeline: Additional funding is released April 1 of each year. Applicants must complete projects within one year (spanning April 1 to March 31), applications should be completed in Q1.
Incorporated, profit-oriented small or medium-sized business with 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and plan to pursue growth and profit by developing and commercializing innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada.
Amount of Funding
Contributions of up to 60-80% of internal technical labour and subcontractor expenses towards a specified innovation project.
Contact us NOW. We can lead you through the application process to receive funding to cover many business activities. Much of the funding could cover our fees for:
- Go-to Market strategy and plans
- Strategic Branding and package design services
- Digital Marketing plans, including online marketing, social media marketing
- Support for new website features and functionalities
You may also want to learn about other funding programs available, go here.