BC Government Funding available for Marketing Expenses
Additional grant funding and expanded eligibility criteria announced for the Launch Online Grant program.
The B.C. government has invested an additional $30 million to help BC-businesses move their business online. There is now $42 million of grant funding in place to help small- and medium-size businesses across B.C. move their business model online.
Grant eligibility criteria has been expanded. Businesses that want to enhance or build an online booking system are now eligible to apply. The original eligibility criteria for businesses that want to enhance or build an online shop remains in place.
How the program works
The Launch Online Grant program provides funding to B.C.-based business to create an online shop or an online booking system and/or improve their existing online operations to attract new local customers and expand to new markets. The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7,500 per business.
The program supports a rapid response for businesses and is accepting applications from businesses ready to start and finish their online shop within 12 weeks.
Up-to 30% of funds will be reserved for Black, Indigenous and people of colour owned businesses and businesses operating outside of the lower mainland and greater Victoria. The funds must be used to hire B.C.-based company(ies) to do the online store or online booking system development. The deadline for application is September 30, 2021
Eligible expenses include:
- Platform, online shop and online booking system development
- Copy and online content writing
- Developing an online inventory of goods, products and services
- Pictures (including hiring a photographer), stock photos, graphic design
- E-commerce platform subscription (up to 1 year)
- Integrating appointment booking component to website
- Online advertising (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Creating banners and other embedded advertising
- Fees to cover staff training, learning about digital marketing, etc.
Book a free consultation with Straydog and learn how we can help you with all of the above services.